Понедельник
20.11.2017
07:09
Категории раздела
Skins [48]
objects [87]
walls [4]
Форма входа
Поиск
Друзья сайта
  • Around The Sims
  • The Secret Society of the Woobsha
  • Simblesse Oblige
  • Ctoccasions
  • Poetica Place
  • Ferndale Sims
  • SpaceCadet
  • Статистика

    Онлайн всего: 1
    Гостей: 1
    Пользователей: 0

    Russian Vacation Sims

    Каталог файлов

    Главная » Файлы » objects

    Novodevichy Convent in Moscow
    ]
    [
    30.10.2011, 19:32
    Novodevichy Convent in Moscow














    New subjects for building of Novodevichy Convent in Moscow.Novodevichy Convent, also known as Bogoroditse-Smolensky Monastery is probably the best-known cloister of Moscow. Its name, sometimes translated as the New Maidens' Monastery, was devised to differ from an ancient maidens' convent within the Moscow Kremlin. Unlike other Moscow cloisters, it has remained virtually intact since the 17th century. In 2004, it was proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Novodevichy Convent was founded in 1524 by Grand Prince Vasili III in commemoration of the conquest of Smolensk in 1514. It was built as a fortress at a curve of the Moskva River and became an important part of the southern defensive belt of the capital, which had already included a number of other monasteries.
    The Novodevichy Convent was founded in 1524 by Grand Prince Vasili III in commemoration of the conquest of Smolensk in 1514. It was built as a fortress at a curve of the Moskva River and became an important part of the southern defensive belt of the capital, which had already included a number of other monasteries.
    The Novodevichy Convent was known to have sheltered many ladies from the Russian royal families and boyar clans, who had been forced to take the veil, such as Feodor I's wife Irina Godunova (she was there with her brother Boris Godunov until he became a ruler himself), Sophia Alekseyevna (Peter the Great's sister), Eudoxia Lopukhina (Peter the Great's first wife), and others. In 1610–1611, the Novodevichy Convent was captured by a Polish unit under the command of Aleksander Gosiewski. Once the convent was retaken by Russian forces, the tsar supplied it with permanent guards (100 Streltsy in 1616, 350 soldiers in 1618). By the end of the 17th century, the Novodevichy Convent possessed 36 villages (164,215 desyatinas of land) in 27 uyezds of Russia. In 1744, it owned 14,489 peasants.
    Категория: objects | Добавил: kaligula1
    Просмотров: 965 | Загрузок: 521 | Комментарии: 1 | Рейтинг: 5.0/2
    Всего комментариев: 0
    Имя *:
    Email *:
    Код *:
    88x3188x3188x3188x3188x3188x31